January 29, 2015

Ivory Coast’s ritual killers says ‘God told me to cut off children’s heads… then I would be made king’


An Ivory Coast man named Drissa Coulibaly pictured have been arrested after he tried to hack some children with a machete they were fetching water from a well in in Yopougon, a suburb of Abidjan, on January 25.  


Once in police custody, Coulibaly reportedly confessed to at least three murders.  The 38 year old man wore a red and white robe, filthy after months of living on the street. He calmly told police that God had told him 'to cut off children's heads ... and then I would be made king.' 

'God told me to do this. God told me to cut off children's heads and bring them to him and then I would be made king,'  told AFP from custody.
Cedric one of his survived victim
'I told him that I didn't want to do this but he insisted,' he added. 
His goal was to win his 'swords' of royalty, and he said he communicated with God by way of 'angels' in the shape of crows.

'Either he is very intelligent (and pretending to be mad) or he is very crazy,' one investigator said. 

Meanwhile Ivory coast have witnessed over 20 children have vanished in the past few months, with their bodies found mutilated.

One if his victims  Cedric said 'I thought he had come to collect water, said Cedric. 'But he pulled out a machete. He tried to cut me up.' The would-be killer went after Cedric then, before a soldier from a nearby base saw what was happening and chased the man away. As word spread, soldiers from the nearby base quickly fanned out and tracked down the attacker. 

Cedric mother says 'He's a very confident man. Not a madman,' she said. 'He is used to doing this.

No comments: