February 18, 2015

Bride Uninvited Her Parents to Her Wedding

The couple, Alex and Alyssa, believed to be from the US, posted the 'invite' - which said they would be 'celebrating our marriage without you' on anonymous social networking site Reddit and it has since been shared thousands of times.

In her original post the user, known only as, 'Skitzocat', said: 'So my narcissistic parents abused me for 16 years before I ran away from home. 
'Now they're trying to bully their way (via family, they haven't bothered to speak to me personally) into getting an invitation to my wedding. There was really only one way to respond.' 


It's been 7 years since I ran away and I've reluctantly met up with them maybe half a dozen times?


'But they refuse to speak directly to me, they tell my grandparents what they want and my grandparents pressure me into doing it. 
'Which up until now I've tolerated since it was my grandparents who took me in off the streets. I don't think I'll be tolerating their 'it's all your fault, you're a horrible daughter, your parents are perfect' c**p anymore.' 
Many other Reddit users rushed to send their messages of support to the bride. One named 'thing24life' saying: 'Oh you are a complete bada** well done.'
Another, named 'Bamboo_Razorwhip' said: 'I love you. I love the anti-invite. I love your bada**ery. Congratulations! Hole your wedding is beautiful! [sic]' 
And one user called 'Tforge13' said: 'I love you. That's incredible. You go.' 

  

No comments: