November 10, 2014

Meet The 18-Year-Old Who Just Got Elected To The West Virginia State Legislature in US

 Saira Blair didn't turn 18 the legal voting age a few months before the 2014 midterm elections.

The 18-year-old, on Tuesday won the election for West Virginia's 59th House District, facing off against Democratic candidate Layne Diehl in the state.



 The West Virginia University freshman became the youngest state lawmaker in the nation after sweeping 63% of the vote.

According to Associated Press, Blair will represent a small district in West Virginia's eastern panhandle, about an hour and a half outside the nation's capital.

 Republican teen giving her acceptance statement, "When I made the decision to run for public office, I did so because I firmly believe that my generation's voice, fresh perspective and innovative ideas can help solve some of our state's most challenging issues. I am honored and humbled to have been elected"

I wish this would be possible in Africa, where offices are run by close-to-grave-men with stale and obsolete ideas.








No comments: