February 16, 2015

Desperate Grandfather walked for 3 days to seek help to Remove Tumour that measured TWICE the size of his head

Man pictured, known only as Sambany, walked all the way across Madagascar to seek help. He said he felt 'dead inside' after the way he'd been treated during his life because of the growth.

After learning that the Charity Mercy Ships had docked one of their vessels in the Madagascan port of Toamasina, Sambany and his grandson walked for three days, finishing their journey with a four-hour car ride, to see if the team of volunteers aboard Africa Mercy could help.
Expert volunteer crew, which included British anaesthetist Dr Michael McBrien, from Belfast, overcame the obstacles and were able to perform the procedure.



The medics on board performed a 12-hour operation to remove the tumour, the largest they had ever dealt with (right). Catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror for the first time after surgery, Sambany appeared delighted with the results, exclaiming: 'I like it. I am happy.'

Speaking ahead of his life-changing operation, Sambany, who is around 60 years old, but doesn't know his exact date of birth, said: 'My heart is very, very happy.
'I'm very happy. I'm just happy.
 
'I know without surgery I will die. I know I might die in surgery, but I already feel dead inside from the way I'm treated.
'I choose to have surgery.'

 
When he was in his 20s, Sambany, who is from a rural part of Madagascar, developed a swelling in his left cheek.
 
 
Gradually, as the tumour grew his head began to lean progressively the other way to cope with the weight of the mass.
 

 
Source: UK Daily Mail


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog post. I definitely appreciate this website.
Thanks!

my site :: paid surveys (paidsurveysb.tripod.com)