January 19, 2015

Nollywood mourns late actor Muna Obiekwe


Nollywood stars took to Twitter and other social media platforms  to share their grief over the death of Nollywood actor, Muna Obiekwe.
The actor died  Sunday, January 18, 2015 after battling with a kidney disease. Among those expressing shock over the actor's death are ; Genevieve Nnaji, Omoni Oboli, Charles Novia and many more.
Check out some of the tweets and Instagram posts that have been pouring in;
Genevieve Nnaji
My heart goes out Muna's family and loved ones. He was a gifted actor with a good heart. Rest in Peace Muna Obiekewe. You will be missed.
Omoni Oboli
I wish I could have known you better...I wish I could have worked with you...I wish the news was false...alas...adieu colleague. Your candle burned out long before your legend ever will! May God give your family the fortitude to bear this great loss! #Nollywoodlosesagem #rip


Ify Okeke
I truly hate to be a harbinger of bad news but I want to confirm that MUNA OBIEKWE IS DEAD! And am so angry! Yes not just because we lost another great talent but because in this industry we are not our brothers kepper.
Yes,Muna mighty have wanted or lived a private life but people knew he was sick,people knew his health condition and yet what did they do,some tried but if they had cried out to the world MUNA might have gotten help. We are just colleagues NO REAL FRIENDS! Rest In Peace MUNA
Ruth Kadiri
May your soul rest in perfect peace
Eddie Watson Jnr
Muna Obiekwe makes it easy for me to talk a little more than usual. RIP MunaObiekwe
Beverly Naya
Rest in perfect peace Muna Obiekwe, sad news
Van Vicker
OMG! When death strikes Nollywood or the African film industry stars, ‘I Shake’ but I KNOW HE is in control. Muna my broda Rest in Peace.Muna my broda I had the opportunity to work with you twice in my career, you did inspire me to be at my best. RIP.It’s confirmed Muna the Nollywood star has passed on. RIP my broda. we will miss u.
CHARLES NOVIA
My condolences to the family/fans of Muna Obiekwe. May God comfort us all. He was one of a kind. A consummate actor and a light dimmed early.And whoever that fake impostor of Muna is, making mundane capital out of his death on twitter, may that guy be afflicted if he doesn’t repent.
DAKORE AKANDE
RIP Muna Obiekwe…May his soul find rest in the bosom of The Lord.
ADA LEWIS-EGBOSI
Rest in perfect peace my dearest Muna Obiekwe. I am shaken by your death. I am soaked in my tears. I am in pain. Oh Muna ! Muna ! Noooooo !Goodnight Muna Obiekwe. Jee nke oma nwannem. You will be greatly missed.
UDUAK ISONG
I wish there was no sickness in the world. RIP Muna.
BOBBY MICHAELS
Just heard that my colleague Muna obiekwe has died.a very sad day indeed.and for one so young.may he’s soul rest in peace perfect peace amen.
Joke Silva
"R.I.P"
Seun Oloketuyi
“Goodnite, I pray you find peace with the Lord”
Chris Attoh
“We will miss you Manu, Actors live on forever through your work, until we meet again.”
Stella Damasus
Just confirmed it from some close friends and relatives that he is really dead. The message from twitter that he was still alive was from a fake account. So this is my pain, how do you know what to believe and what not to believe? Where do we draw the line?
Over nine thousand people on twitter have believed that he is still alive because of the fake twitter account. REST IN PEACE BRO! I was really hoping that it was a rumor. God rest your soul. This is too painful. Whoever put that message out not the fake twitter account should be careful. Don't play games with people's lives like that.
Yvonne Jegede
 "Some times i wish we don't take some things for granted. Been calling and his phone is switched off. I wish i could have a short chat with you now. I wish i could just see you one more time. My friend, my colleague, my boss, my senior, my GUYYYYYY...
Tears won't stop, my heart beating faster, Bless the day i met you, bless your soul, bless your family you left behind. #nollywoodactor #nollywoodhulk #nollywoodlover #nollywoodworker #sabiguyREST IN PEACE MUNA OBIEKWE #WeLoveMunaObiekwe".
Uche Jombo
"It's not the length of life but the depth of life" RIP muna! Update:it's sad that someone will try to make this sad day more difficult by tweeting through a fake account.
Like you all I wish it was a lie but sadly it's not.please just pay your respects and stop with the tagging about this fake account user. I refuse to give him 1min.

No comments: