January 17, 2015

'I won't play a Gay character': Kevin Hart says

Comedian Kevin Hart says he won't play a gay character on  radio show, The Breakfast Club,  and when asked  if he had any roles that he regretted missing.
'The one role I regret - Tropic Thunder,' the Wedding Ringer star responded before admitting he had turned down the part because it was 'real flagrant'. Read what he thinks after cut..

According to Kevin, he could have played the role of rapper-turned-actor Alpa Chino in the 2008 comedy, but he passed because the character, on script, was 'real flagrant.' 
 
'I was like, I can't. I can't do this,' Kevin said of the part, which was eventually played by Brandon T. Jackson.
 
It wasn't just that one role that Kevin couldn't play, he told his hosts, but he didn't think any gay role would be a possibility for him. 
 
'It's because I feel like I can't do it, because I don't think I'm going to really dive into that role 100 percent.' 
 
'Because of insecurities about myself trying to play that part,' the actor continued. 
'What I think people are going to think while I do this is gonna stop me from playing that part the way that I'm supposed to' he said

 
 

No comments: