November 20, 2014

'Being a Mother is my Career': Woman with 34 CHILDREN

This woman has 34 children and says being a mother is her career.
 
Jeane Briggs, 58 and her husband Paul Briggs, in their home in Falling Waters, West Virginia have adopted 29 children from around the world and 5 children of their own. Although 8 of the children are grown up and have moved on with their lives leaving 26 still with the Briggs family.
Newly adopted baby with no leg or hand from Ghana
During the past 30 years, they've cared for children with cancer, polio, scoliosis, leg deformities, kidney problems, learning disabilities and autism, among other medical conditions.
 
The first international child they adopted was Abraham, a blind two-year-old whom they rescued from a Mexican orphanage in 1985. He had brain damage due to having been beaten.
 
She says 'I just enjoy it. This is my career. I say to my kids, you’re the very air I breathe so I need you, I need that oxygen,'

'It was hard to believe that someone wanted me with my problem. I can't repay them for what they did for me… I love my parents to the moon and back,' said one of the adoptees
 
Mr Briggs, 59, admits it's quite expensive to feed such a large brood - the family spends $52,000 a year on groceries alone  but fortunate to have a very lucrative job at a credit card processing company. His employer also pays the family $10,000 for every child they adopt

They were also able to expand their nine-bedroom, 5,000-square-foot house, where 26 people currently live, with money from a recent inheritance


No comments: